Sally and Kt's NZ Experience

Here we are, first ever explorers making our way into uncharted waters. What mysteries we shall discover, dark secrets shall be revealed!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chocolates and Mexican Bandits

I think I should start this post by saying a huge 'horrah!' to all you lot for your prolific commentating in the last few days... it's great to hear so much from our lovely friends and family, it means a lot to both me and Katie, so keep it coming guys! Well, we had a highly cultured day yesterday. I started off in the art gallery of New South Wales, happily goggling at pictures by Picasso and Rossetti, while Katie worked on music theory stuff in the botanic gardens. And then we met up for a most important date; our first visit to the Lindt chocolat cafe. My god, I think it was a life changing event for both of us. Laura, my dearest, you simply have to come over here and sample the chocolates; they are truly the food of the Gods. I have very firmly schelduled another visit for my birthday, when we are going to make a move into cake territory. We ate our chocolate in the afternoon sunshine on the steps of the opera house, and then I went to see a documentary called 'Ballet Russes' which was all about an avante-guarde ballet company (see, I told you I was cultured, even though I can't spell). Then I met up with Katie again in the hostel and we visited that great centre of American culture, the Hard Rock Cafe. It was ace, but I think we were both disappointed that they played neither Meatloaf or Bruce Spingsteen while we were there. I haven't heard 'Born to Run' for four months and it's driving me crazy! We strolled down by the waterside after eating and managed to gain passage on a Mexican Navy ship that is moored in the harbour at the moment. We both enjoyed gazing on the swarthy sailors, but my cunning plan to commendeer the vessel was foiled when we were shouted at for legging it up a ladder into a part of the ship that was off-limits. Damn these wiley Mexicans! And thus endeth the post. Adios, amigos! Sal xx

9 Comments:

  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Annie said…

    Hello dear girlies!!

    It is great to hear all your adventures and I am a little bit jealous!

    however, I have been entertaining myself and have spent this week beoming an 'Advanced Open Water Diver' - am very happy underwater and have chilled quite considerably (in all senses of the word!) since exams!

    Tara x

     
  • At 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hellooo there!

    I too was instructed to send you love from mum.

    Lorna is in Sydney too at the mo, I just got an email from her, but she is going to Bangkok on Wednesday.

    I am going back to work on Monday, I am soooo scared!

    Loads and loads of love from Anna and Elsie x x x x

     
  • At 11:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooo, was also going to say how fit you're looking in all the piccies (except for your disfigured hand in that last one! What is going on there?!)

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    !Cuidado con tus bocas sobre los mexicanos!

    I'll leave it up to you to figure out the translation. (Sounds like you two are the banditos! :-P)

    PS: My inner pedant really does not like how your blog takes the liberty of un-capitalising my name when I post comments. Trendy nonsense, I say.

     
  • At 12:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaaalright! I love lindt chocolate! We will definitely be making a pit stop or 5 there when we hit Oz. The weather over there looks braw, it's a bit mixed here, raining one day then clear skies the next. I also give you permission to film without us, 'twould be a crime to waste such talent!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not sure that you can include the Hard Rock Cafe on your list of high culture. And since I'm an American I think I can say that with good authority. But the rest sounds brilliant.

     
  • At 7:34 am, Blogger Katie said…

    Apparently mum & dad's broadband is not working since they got back from their hols so you'll have to wait a wee bit longer to hear from them.

    I have to tell you though, you have to phone them on your birthday so they can speak to you! xx

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooooooooh!!!! Lindt chocolate.....mmmmmmmmmmm

     
  • At 2:58 pm, Blogger Alan D said…

    Bring back some chocolate for us Sal! Well, never mind the us bit, just me, me, me!

    I'm still waiting to hear when/how we can see your cinematic masterpiece!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home