Sally and Kt's NZ Experience

Here we are, first ever explorers making our way into uncharted waters. What mysteries we shall discover, dark secrets shall be revealed!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kate, Pheebs, and Jason

And so onto Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday saw us reunite with the gorgeous Kate and Pheebs in Cambridge, and also saw the addition of two new members to our Cambridge crew - Jason (the beast of a car in the pic just below), and Elouise. We headed out for lunch as soon as we got there, enjoying good food and conversation by the fire in the Albert (i think that's what it was called). We then went to the supermarket to stock up on food for our babysitting job that evening. The baby (Sascha) was fantastic in that she slept virtually the whole time we were there, but it was sad because both me and Sal would have liked some baby cuddles. We settled for dog cuddles instead (which is a darn good substitute), and watching North Country, Prison Break (yes that was my request Willy - damn fine show), and In Her Shoes.
On the Thursday we took a drive in Jason (with Pheebs at the helm) to Raglan beach.

It wasn't the nicest of days, but it was still good to get into the fresh air, and there was some pleasant views.

After a pub lunch by the fire, we hot footed it back to Cambridge where me and Sal grabbed our bags and caught the coach to Auckland. Here we had a ride from a very arsey taxi driver (not a good start to being back in a city we aren't that keen on anyway), and dumped our stuff in our very nicely discounted twin room. We then met Analisa and went out for a drink and a natter. And that ends our Wednesday and Thursday post. xx

2 Comments:

  • At 5:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My cheeks hurt from laughing when I hang out with you guys. I had a great time and hope to see you ladies again on the way back. Cross my heart and hope to die--I'm saving my other Pirate City Rollers badge for Sally. :-)

    FYI: Je suis un bandite de la mer (hope I got that right) = !Yo soy pirata! (en espanol)

     
  • At 12:40 pm, Blogger Kt said…

    Fabulous Analisa! I'm always happy to learn how to say 'I am a pirate' in any language- feel free to add other translations everyone- Russianhas always been a favourite of mine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home