Sally and Kt's NZ Experience

Here we are, first ever explorers making our way into uncharted waters. What mysteries we shall discover, dark secrets shall be revealed!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Je Suis Une Bandite De La Mer!

On our last night in Wellington, the moment came which you all know I have been waiting for... yes! The premier of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. It might not have been attended by glitzy Hollywood actors, or even a cast member from Shortland Street, but a group of eager pirates from the YHA were there, excited and dressed up to the nines (or, in my case, dressing like a french pirate, hense the title of this post):


We were greeted by a bunch of scurvy dogs, who were frankly a little too aggressive to be true pirates. They showed us to our seats, and out excitement only increased when we realised we had free chocolate booty. After a hearty 'huzza!' the film began. And what an experience!



We were glued to the screen, full of joy and despair, amazement and disbelief. For those of you who haven't seen it, I won't spoil any of it, but it is ace, as Laura, Fred and Katie show below. My bizarre, slightly stunned expression comes from how little I fancied Captain Jack Sparrow in it- a fact I'm still trying to come to terms with. But drink up me hearties, yo ho!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahoy! I might nick that picture of the 4 of us and pop in on my site as 'tis a great snap. The pirate pictures you 2 left on my camera are still providing many a chuckle, also have a great one of Sal and her eyepatch which I'll try and send to you.

     
  • At 5:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A bunch of girls from my team went on Sunday, semi-dressed up (and with a bit o' covert rum in the bags) but nobody would cooperate when I tried to take pictures! Boo!

    I daresay a few of the kids in attendance were nothing short of fascinated by our plastic cutlasses, though.

    ~Analisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home