Sally and Kt's NZ Experience

Here we are, first ever explorers making our way into uncharted waters. What mysteries we shall discover, dark secrets shall be revealed!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Happy Birthday

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys! I did indeed have a most glorious day. It started off in the best way it could, with chocolate cake for breakfast at the Lindt cafe:
Then Katie and I took a stroll down the botanical gardens where we enjoyed more food (a salad this time!) before heading to the opera house to see Lakme. This is us, excited on the opera house steps, though whether we were more excited about seeing the opera or eating more Lindt chocolate was hard to say.


The opera was ace, exquisitely staged and beautifully sung. And who should we find waiting for us as we came out but Sarah (the lady whose magical fairytale house we stayed at last week). We headed for the gardens again, as Katie was determined to get a picture of me with a cockatoo on my shoulder wearing my birthday pressie. That didn't happen, but nevertheless, I present a photo of me for your viewing pleasure:


That's right! Katie got me a Jack Sparrow hat for my birthday (also thanks to Rhys for the 'tache and eyepatch). Wow! It's the coolest hat in the world. Costumes for halloween are now sorted for the rest of my life. She also got me a big book about pirates, that I intend to read on the plane on my way home. Here's a picture of the cut-throat herself, and Sarah, with a beautiful Sydney sunset:

We then went to Darling Harbour for a meal and drinks to round off a lovely day. Chocolate and dressing up on my birthday- surely this means it will be the greatest year ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home